1 John 5:21 NKJV - "Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen."
What is 21st Century idolatry?
- When you know more about celebrities, whether Hollywood actors, sports figures, politicians, or any other prominent individual than you know about your church's missionaries.
- Storing more of your wealth in bank accounts, stocks, or risky investments instead of storing your wealth in heaven.
- When buying lottery tickets is more important than tithing.
- Taking time to read the news, check on sport's scores, and even read the "gossip columns" which includes social media, and then say you don't have time to read your Bible.
- When you can quote from memory the words of scores of pop songs or the names of all the top 100 music artists, and yet you can't quote 10 Bible verses or know the names of Israel's 12 tribes or the names of the original 12 Apostles.
- When partying Saturday night with your friends is more important than fellowship with your church family on Sunday morning.
- When you can tell people all about the best people you ever met and Jesus isn't one of them.
Daily commentary and insight from Pastor Eckardt.
Follow our Facebook page for all our latest news, events and happenings.
Mt Ephraim Baptist Church | 25 S. Black Horse Pike | Mt Ephraim, NJ 08059
Senior Pastor, Stephen A. Eckardt | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 856.981.7288