A little different Daily Verse presentation. You'll find in these three verses a "three-part study" on the Christian life. If you're ever looking for a little study that would say a lot, here's one:
1. Salvation (Past) - Titus 2:11, "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men."
- Salvation is by grace
- Grace is God's Favor He gives without our deserving a bit of it
- Salvation is God's deliverance from sin's penalty, sin's power, and sin's presence
- Salvation is through Jesus Christ (implied) and is God's only way for mankind to get right with Him
- Salvation is meant for all mankind
2. Christian Growth (Present) - Titus 2:12, "Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age."
- God teaches us to turn from ungodly living which includes ungodliness and worldly lusts.
- God teaches us to live soberly, righteously, and godly = living with serious intent to be righteous in our behavior and with a devotion to our God
- God teaches us to live this way in the age in which we live, even if it is so "out-of-step" with the world around us (implied)
3. Anticipating Christ's Return (Future) - Titus 2:13, "Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."
- Looking with a "longing desire" and a "watchful" spirit for Jesus to come again
- Looking for the "blessed hope" which is the ultimate desire of both God and the Christian, to be "face-to-face" with one another for eternity!
- Looking for our Great God who IS Jesus Christ!
God saved me from my past
God taught me to live for Him in my present
God is coming back for me and gives me hope for my future